red lights, blue lights


Last night I saw Wanted and I loved every minute of it. James McAvoy truly is a fine actor, and I've only seen two of his movies (the other being Atonement) but I always hear nice things about The Last King of Scotland. I have the dvd so maybe I'll watch it one of these lonely summer nights.

I'm sitting here in my den, the house is nearly empty, and the only light spills subtly from a lamp in the far corner of this dimly-lit room. It's Saturday night. Why am I here? My nights are usually quite eventful and end only after 3 a.m., around the time I say goodbye to someone whom my feelings for are stronger than most. I'm confused. Curious. Uncomfortably inquisitive. This is one of those lonely, dreaded summer nights. And yet I'm too anxious to just sit and watch a movie, especially by myself, not when I'm feeling like this.


Yeah that's Chuck Bass (a.k.a. Ed Westwick) in an argyle sweater in the summer heat of the Hamptons. Talk about heat. I was watching my friends skate today, and I stood out there in the street for about an hour, in 88 degree heat, wearing minishorts and a sleeveless top. I immediately took a shower when I got home. And he's wearing a sweater...

playlist of the week (it only has two tracks but whatever)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

James McAvoy makes me drool.