what ever happened?

So it's summer, and having all this free time gives me more time to think. That may be a good thing, and it should be, but my pessimism will only let me process bad thoughts, and I'm constantly reminded of what I don't have rather than what I do have. I don't have a job; I don't have a car; I don't make my own money; I don't even have a true best friend who I can fully trust anymore. And all this negativity just overwhelms me, making it somewhat more difficult to think about what is right in front of me, and what I shouldn't take for granted. Why do I focus on the bad side of things so much? Nobody else seems to care as much as I do, and they live their lives like it's no big deal. I could learn a thing or two from them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not be fooled - everybody is making a great deal of something, no one live their life like it was no big deal. As for your pessimism, there is actually only one way out - and that is you doing something yourself. Nobody will improve your life without yourself working on it. So go out find yourself a job, save some money, and maybe even get a car and all. It is all too easy, self-pity does not help at all, although I admit it is much easier than doing something. I learn so every single day.