shakedown 1979 ... cool kids never have the time

a couple of things that i don't quite understand:


1. high-waisted pants. they're overdone, and only a few people know how to make them look good anymore ... but mischa pulls it off pretty well in that picture.

2. bags of chips. they're not filling, they're salty and sometimes even greasy, i hate the sound they make when people chew them, and there are loads of things that taste better and are healthier.

3. using violence to protest the 2008 olympics

4. really thin, overplucked eyebrows

5. Chace Crawford's and Carrie Underwood's "gossip girl"-style break up (it was via text message)


but the old CBGB bar/club/venue is looking good again. John Varvatos turned it into his new store.

he kept the graffiti on the walls and the posters are still up, which adds to the vintage feel of the place. supposedly, he promised to do justice to CBGB's legacy, and i think he did a pretty good job, judging from the picture. i wonder if he kept anything else from the original space.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and how quaint that i mention '40s glamour in my last post and this photo (from the new Vanity Fair) of Kristen Bell pops up. i like the hair, the bathing suit, the shoes, the adornments, the pose, etc., it's a lovely shot.

CHECK OUT MY MUXTAPE!

8 comments:

Jimena said...

I agree with you on the things you don't like and understand. Specially the thin over-plucked eyebrows and the use of violence to protest for the olympics...

high waisted pants? Oh, I don't know. It's a trend I'm just beginning to experiment right now and I kind of like it. I don't think the cut on most high waisted pants is right thou.

I love you blog. I'm adding you to my blogs I heart section. Its been a great read!

ღ Mey ♥¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨♥ღ said...

omg!
hahaha tks for update me

kisses

EvaAmarri said...

I agree with all that ur said. And that is a nice pic of kristen

Sophie said...

I know what you mean about highwaisted pants! Very few people can actually look good in them. ah well...

sure, let's link up :)

i like the name of your blog, btw

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

great post
I agree I odn't understand some of those things either.
I never liked high waisted pants because they are so hard to pull off. Chance belongs wsith JC from n'sync anyway come on!!
They should have just have let Toronto win the olympics instead of China, that way we could have avoided all these protests!! Though I have to agree in FREE TIBET!!

Jimena said...

hey, about your comment. my blog's name (we have a map of the piano) is taken from a beautiful song by the Islandic band Mum. It's one of my favorite songs and one that, to me, captures something that is hardly ever captured yet exists all around us.

xx

millicent said...

i listened to that song nonstop when i heard it on Wicker Park. i love it =]

FASHION CHALET said...

Great blog, loving the topics :)