it leans on me like a rootless tree

counting, counting, counting ... there's been a lot of that lately. counting down the days left until summer, the amount of money that i owe to my friends -- thankfully just a couple bucks, the number of times that i've gone to the beach this past week, the pairs of sandals that i could wear in the summer heat. the days since i last spoke to him, who i probably let down. the things that i could have done different. the number of people who are slowly coming in to my life, and yet quickly walking out. i thought april showers were supposed to bring may flowers? the tulips in my mom's garden have hardly started to bloom.


prom night was alright, i wouldn't say it was as memorable as it could have been, since the dance itself could have been way better, but my friends and i were definitely some of the best dressed people there (hey i can be conceited, right?). i'd feel really weird showing off pictures of my friends here when they don't even know i have a blog, so i won't post any (until i change my mind, at least). i'll tell you this though: our party bus -- not limo, but party bus -- was pretty fuckin' sweet.

the chaffeur took out the pole though.

and after some consideration and taking in your input on whether i should go dramatic or simple-and-sweet in regards to my makeup for prom, i was torn between the two, so i went with a look that was very similar to amber heard's, sans the red lipstick, which i replaced with a peachy nude lip gloss. i had to compromise somehow.

photo credit: glitterdarkstar.deviantart.com

3 comments:

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

that's a very glam look she is sporting
I wish I could wear red lipstick like that but I'm alway afraid
I'm also counting the days till summer truly starts...

Fashion Addict said...

great post! you write so nicely!!! I love your blog too. I was wondering if you would like to do a link exchange with me, so please contact me later about it!

Anonymous said...

she looks beautiful this is how im doing my hair and makeup at prom